Beef Burger with Red Onion Relish and CheddarOctober 12, 2015
Beef Koftas with Red Cabbage and Beetroot SaladOctober 12, 2015
Filipino recipe for a cheesy beef stew, known as Caldereta
- 500 grams beef, cut in bite size pieces
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium size onion, diced
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/3 cup brine of green olives (or the brine of black olives)
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbs grated Edam cheese (I didn’t have Edam so I used gorgonzola about 200 g)
- 10 green olives (or black olives)
- 2 pieces roasted bell peppers (any color)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbs sherry or brandy (Madeira works very well, too!)
Marinate beef in red wine overnight.
Boil meat in enough water until tender.
Remove and reserve stock.
In olive oil, saute garlic and onion.
Add the meat to brown.
Add tomato paste, olive brine and tomato.
Simmer until meat is tender.
Season with paprika.
Add stock and wine as needed until meat is tender and cooked.
Thicken sauce with cheese.
Add olives and peppers.
Season with salt and pepper.
Add sherry and continue to simmer on low until cooked or reduced.
Recipe from Cafe Nilson.