Irish Pub Beef StewOctober 19, 2016
Roast Beef Horseradish SpiralsOctober 25, 2016
Irish Pub Beef Stew
Serve this traditional Irish dish with Irish Soda Bread and butter.
– Recipe from Food.com
Yields: 4 Portions
- 680 – 700 g beef (cut into chunks)
- 60 ml butter
- 400 g can tomato soup
- 400 g can water
- 4 carrots (cut into chunks)
- 4 large potatoes (cut into chunks)
- 2 stalk celery (cut into chunks)
- 4 onions (cut into chunks)
- 10 ml salt
- 5 ml black pepper (chopped fine)
- 60 ml fresh parsley (chopped fine)
- 60 ml (Good Quality) cooking sherry
- 2 bay leaves
Preheat oven to 150 C degrees.
In a heavy skillet brown the beef in the butter over medium high heat.
Add the soup and water and stir well.
Add the rest of the ingredients and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring once.
Transfer to a cast iron pot or oven proof pot and cook in the oven, covered for 5 hours, stirring occasionally.
Remove from oven, remove bay leaves and serve.
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 5 hours & 5 minutes
- Total time: 5 hours & 25 minutes