Cleaver Awards: Terms and Conditions
South African Beef (“The Company”) is proud to bring you, the Entrant, ‘THE CLEAVER AWARDS’ wherein the Entrant can win exciting prizes as further set-out on this Website for nominating via SMS (in the appropriate categories) their favourite butchers/food markets which are being promoted.
By entering into this competition the Entrant agrees and acknowledges the following;
- the competition is open to any South African Citizen over the age of 18 years;
- if the Entrant is under the age of 18 years, he/she must be assisted by and consent obtained from his/her parents or guardian and full details of such consent is to be forwarded in writing to:
- the prizes are awarded by way of raffle selected randomly by our Judges;
- under no circumstances are any offending, vulgar, abusive, racist, pornographic, defamatory, sexist, or inappropriate messages permitted;
- the Judges decision is final in respect of the raffle and no correspondence will be entered into;
- this competition is not open to employees/members/shareholders and directors of the Company and its advertising agency and their immediate families and the butchers/food markets’ employees/members/shareholders/directors and their immediate families;
- you are not guaranteed of winning a prize by sending your submissions.
- prizes cannot be exchanged for cash or exchanged for any other prizes and prizes received and the use thereof are at the Entrant’s own risk;
- the closing date for entering the competition is 31 December and no further SMS messages will be accepted;
- prizes will awarded no later than 14 days after the announcements of the winning butcheries;
- if you are not available or cannot be reached to receive your prize within the 14 day period your prize will be forfeited to the next person drawn in the raffle;
- The delivery of messages is largely dependent on the effective functioning of network operators' cellular networks and the Entrant's mobile handset and the Company cannot guarantee the delivery of SMS messages. A cellular SMS is only accepted i.e. no WhatsApp etc will be accepted;
- Network operators may modify, enhance, develop or discontinue components of their SMS services at any time without prior notice, in which event the Company shall be entitled to modify, enhance, develop or discontinue its services without notice;
- Email..................................................Fax Number:...............................
- Postal Address: ....................................................................................
The Entrant acknowledges that the Company is the author and proprietor of 'THE CLEAVER AWARDS’ competition and will not copy or use same without the permission of the Company.
By entering the competition the Entrant gives full permission/authority and grants full licence for the Company to use, publish, exhibit, broadcast, sell, promote and disseminate in any manner or form any of the messages thereof for no compensation, royalty, et cetera.
The Entrant confirms that to the best of his/her knowledge and belief, the personal information provided with the SMS are true and complete.
The Entrant agrees that the Company may also from time to time use the personal information provided to contact the Entrant with details of services, or events that may be of interest. There will be an opt out facility should you wish to discontinue such updates
The Entrant hereby authorises the release and use of, in South Africa and abroad, the submission, his/her name, entry information, and the results of the Judges et cetera. The Entrant agrees that no compensation shall be due to the Entrant for such usage.
The Company reserves the right in its sole discretion to refuse entry of any entrants that do not comply with the applicable entry criteria, or might harm the reputation of the Company. An entry shall be excluded from the Competition:
- a) if it is received after the closing date;
- b) if it does not comply with these terms.
The Company is committed to providing a quality competition and makes every attempt to ensure accuracy and reliability of the information included in these terms and conditions and on its website. However, changes in content and process may become necessary at the absolute discretion of the Company. The Company accepts no liability for any use of the said content or reliance placed upon it.
The Company will not be held responsible for any loss or damage howsoever arising occasioned by the Entrant by entering into this competition and using this Website, including but not limited to any damage, loss, theft occasioned therein.
The Entrant hereby indemnifies the Company from any loss or liability howsoever arising whether consequential or not from any claim arising in, entering into the competition and/or using this website, associate third party links, loss of data, viruses et cetera.
The Company will not be held liable for any loss or consequential loss arising out of any event out of its reasonable control or by an act of God, including, but not limited to; strikes, floods, fire, power outages, load shedding, nationalisation, civil unrest, or war.
By entering into the competition and clicking on the submission button, the Entrant agrees to all above-mentioned conditions of entry and considers same binding on the Entrant and any amendment thereto by the Entrant must be reduced to writing and signed by the Company.
None of the provisions hereof shall be construed against, or interpreted to the disadvantage of the party responsible for the drafting or preparation thereof.
The parties agree that this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa and that any dispute relating hereto between the Parties arising out of or connected with this Agreement, or its interpretation, or their respective rights and obligations under it, or its cancellation, shall be submitted to and decided by arbitration if an agreement cannot be reached within 30 days of the dispute so arising.
The arbitrator shall be an Independent Auditor of 10 years experience appointed by the South African Institute of Charted Accountants if it is an accounting matter or an independent attorney of 10 years experience if it is a matter of legal interpretation appointed by The Law Society of the Northern Provinces.
The arbitrator shall be entitled to decide the matter without being obliged to apply the strict rules of law or evidence and same shall be binding on the Parties. The aforesaid shall not limit a Party from approaching the High Court by way of urgent application should the need arise.
Each and every clause and sub-clause in this agreement shall be severable from the other clauses in this agreement and in the event of any clause or sub-clause being held invalid by any competent court for any reason same shall not affect the validity of the remaining clauses or sub-clauses.
Click here to nominate your butchery