Thick sirloin steaks on the braaiAugust 15, 2015
Cambodian sweet ‘n sour beef salad on rice noodlesAugust 21, 2015
A simple dish with lovely fresh flavour.
- 125 ml PnP brown rice
- 750 rump steaks, sirloin or fillet -
- seared and sliced into thin strips
- 80ml lime juice
- 2 Tbs fish sauce
- 2 medium chillies - finely sliced
- 2 Tbs ginger - finely sliced
- 1.5 Tbs PnP brown sugar or palm sugar
- 80ml water
- 125ml mint leaves
- 1 medium red onion, or 1 bunch spring
- onions - sliced
- 1 medium cucumber - sliced
- 1 dash milled pepper ?
Heat a dry pan. Add rice and toast for 4-5 minutes, until it begins to pop. Keep a vigilant eye on it, or it will burn.
Remove and toss rice into a bowl with beef. Combine remaining ingredients, except herbs, spring onions and cucumber in a small pot and gently heat to warm through.
Pour dressing over beef and rice and add herbs, onion and cucumber.
Serve as is or with steamed jasmine rice.